Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cup and Saucer- Portland, Oregon

Every time I head to a new city, I try out their local cuisine and what they have to offer for gluten-free eaters. 
Being my fourth trip to Portland, Oregon, I knew what to expect. I love Portland not only because my sister lives there, but also because it offers delicious, healthy and affordable gluten free food. Having been to local cafe 'Cup and Saucer' on my last trip, I knew that I had to return to check out the menu and enjoy their delicious breakfast. 
Last time I ate there, I ordered a usual scrambled eggs, bacon and of course gluten free toast. This time the menu had changed, but for an even better one. I scanned the menu and quickly knew what I was getting-FRENCH TOAST!!
This was by far the BEST french toast I have ever tasted. It was delicious, savory, full of flavor and all around tasty! The server informed me that it was a new bread they were using and all about the company and it's determination to taste amazing and fresh. If you ask me, they hit it right on the head with this one-it was the best gluten free bread I've ever had. 
Many times when I try new items on a menu, I end up thinking of them often and really wanting to go back, and this is definitely one of those times. 
Here's what the delicious meal looked like-half eaten :) I got through half of it and realized I had yet to take a picture, that's how good it was. 

I highly recommend this place and if ever in Portland, check it out. It's 100% worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment